Eligibility for Pre-Kindergarten
- unable to speak and comprehend English language
- educationally disadvantaged (see income eligibility guidelines) click here for guideline chart.
- the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPA (foster care)
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award
If your child meets one or more of the eligibility requirements, you will need to pick up a registration packet.
LCE will distribute Pre-Kindergarten registration packets on Tuesday, May 5 from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM. Due to COVID 19 packet distribution will be curbside only. Parents will pull into the front drive to pick up a packet. At this time we will schedule individual appointments for packets to be returned. If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Richards: firstname.lastname@example.org